How to Navigate the Complex World of Senior Care
Are you caring for your mom, dad or spouse? Are you overwhelmed with questions about dementia vs. Alzheimer’s, Medicare vs. Medicaid, estate and financial planning, local care options and more? Not sure what to do or who to believe?
Are you burned out, stressed and confused with all this information? Don’t worry, you are not alone! We have teamed up with local senior care experts from every field to bring you the #1 most comprehensive and educational event on senior resources in Southwest Florida!
Join us at the Charlotte Harbor Event & Conference Center on Saturday, March 14, 2020, at 8 am. Learn everything you need to know when navigating the complex world of senior care.
Enjoy a free lunch, local senior care experts, world-renowned keynote speaker, Linn Possell, educational breakout sessions, local physicians and care providers, private 1-on-1 consultations and much more.
This event was made possible thanks to some of our wonderful sponsors including; Fawcett Memorial Hospital, Chelsea Place Senior Care, Life Care Center of Punta Gorda, Lexington Manor Assisted Living and Millennium Physician Group.
Here are a few of the topics we’ll be covering.
1. Understand Cognitive Changes – Keynote Speaker, Linn Possell, will teach Teepa Snow’s Positive Approach to Care, Better understand Alzheimer’s Disease, Dementia, Parkinson’s Disease, How UTI’s Affect the Elderly, Lewy Body Dementia, Local Support Groups, Caring for the Caregiver, Local Senior Resources, Neurologists, Local Physicians
2. Organize Legal Affairs – Last Will & Testament, Trusts & Estate Planning, Wills vs. Living Wills, Living Wills vs. DNR’s, Power of Attorney, Healthcare Surrogate, Guardianship, Prearrangements, Veterans Benefit Planning, Medicaid Benefit Planning
3. Make a Financial Plan – Medicare vs. Medicare Advantage, Medi-Gap, Medicaid, VA Benefits, Reverse Mortgages, Long Term Care Insurance, Financial Assistance, Medicaid Managed Care, Financial Planning, Property, Asset Evaluation
4. Find the Right Care – Senior Care Options: Homemaker & Companion Services, Private Duty Home Care, Medicare Home Health, Adult Day Care, Independent Living, Adult Family Care Home, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing Facility, Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), Hospice, Respite Care
5. Choose the Right Providers – Where to Find Local Senior Services, How to Research Providers, How to Verify Professionals, Compare Care Services, Ensure Providers are Qualified, Verify Providers are Properly Licensed
The Senior Care Conference 2020 is an all-day event and our purpose is to engage, educate and empower family caregivers to make better informed decisions for themselves and their loved ones. Navigating the world of senior care is complex and we are on a mission to make it simple and easy to follow with our 5-Step Guide to Senior Care.
There are over 35 million adult family caregivers caring for someone over the age of 50 in the United States. We cannot watch families bear this burden alone, therefore, we are committed to providing timely education, local resources and helpful tools to guide families through this difficult process.
This is a FREE event which includes a complimentary lunch. Seating is limited and you must register online to reserve your free tickets.