Do Veteran’s Benefits Pay for Home Care or Assisted Living?
Are you a veteran? Is your loved one a veteran? Are you struggling to pay for assisted living, skilled nursing or home care services? You and/or your loved one may be eligible to qualify for a veteran’s pension primarily known as the VA Aid & Attendance benefit.
This benefit can be a great way to offset the cost of assisted living, in-home care, adult day care or a skilled nursing facility. It does not pay for the care entirely; however, it helps a lot of people subsidize the cost of their care. We have found that in most cases, people are not aware this benefit exists.
Therefore, we are hoping to spread the awareness of this VA pension and help people understand whether or not they qualify to receive these benefits.
- Eligibility Requirements – In order to be eligible to receive the Aid & Attendance benefit, the following criteria must be met:
- At least 90 days active duty (min 1 day during the approved wartime period)
- Honorable Discharge
- Surviving Spouse (a surviving spouse must have been married to the veteran at the time when the veteran passed away)
- Assistance with the Activities of Daily Living
- Meets income and asset criteria
- 65+ years of age or totally disabled
- In-Home Care
- Adult Day Care
- Assisted Living
- Skilled Nursing Facility
- Surviving Spouse = $1209.00/mo
- Single Veteran = $1881.00/mo
- Married Veteran = $2230.00/mo
- Two Vets Married = $2984.00/mo
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility, please give us a call at (941) 677-7233 and we’ll help you get in touch with the veterans benefit specialist in your local veteran affairs office.
Even if you are not caring for someone now, you may one day. It is important that you do not wait until it is too late to ask for help. Let us help you and your loved one navigate the complex world of senior care.
If you are caring for your mom, dad, spouse or a loved one, we are here to help! Receive a FREE copy of Florida’s 5-Step Guide to Senior Care by simply calling our senior care expert hotline at 941-677-7233.