• Social isolation, can have as large effect on mortality risk as smoking, obesity, sedentary lifestyle and high blood pressure (Cacioppo et al. 2011).
• 29% increased risk of mortality over time from social isolation and 26%increase in mortality risk from loneliness.(Holt-Lunstad and colleagues 2015)
• 70% reduction in cognitive decline by those who are frequently socially active (James, Wilson, Barnes & Bennet, 2011)
• 40% reduced risk of developing dementia if socially engaged (Wang, Karp, Winblad & Fratiglioni, 2002)
• 60% increase in mortality rate in caregivers experiencing signiﬁcant emotional stress from caregiving (Fredman L et al., 2010).
• 50% more food intake when people eat among company in a social setting versus those who are isolated (Washington DC, National Academy Press, 2005)
• 83% of those over the age of 65 are at risk for malnutrition (Hamirudin AH, et al, 2016)
Call us to schedule a day to come in with your loved one. Have lunch, get a tour, and see what senior day care is all about.
When you know your loved one is in a fun and safe place, you both will be at ease knowing everything is taken care of.